Clippers’ Paul George Will Miss the Start of the Season

Paul George with OKC in 2018. Photo by Jevone Moore/Cal Sport Media/CSM/REX/Shutterstock

Los Angeles Clippers’ fans will have to wait a bit more to see their newest star Paul George on court.

George revealed on Sunday that he is still rehabilitating from the shoulder surgeries he had in the offseason and that he will probably be out until November. The 29-year-old had a surgery on his right shoulder in May in order to repair a partially torn tendon and then underwent a minor procedure on his left shoulder in May.

“I will be out of the preseason,” – said George during the news conference. “As of now, I’ll be out of October fully, but who knows? We’ll see. In the November range is our target date.”

Although he won’t be ready for the start of the season, George doesn’t have concerns about his rehab and is pleased with the way things are unfolding so far.

“I’m where I want to be right now at this point in the season almost starting. I like where the progression is going.” – he told SportsCenter.

Paul George joined the Clippers during the offseason from Oklahoma City Thunder in a blockbuster trade that paired him up with Kawhi Leonard. George played 77 games in the regular season for Thunder during 2018/19 and averaged 28.0 points, 8.2 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 2.2 steals per game.