Rams Unlikely to Sign Pro Bowl DT Ndamukong Suh According to GM Les Snead

Ndamukong Suh with the Dolphins. Photo by Chris Szagola/CSM/REX/Shutterstock

Five-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has lots of suitors in this free agency, but it looks like the Los Angeles Rams are not one of them. Although Suh spent the 2018 season with the Rams, the team’s general manager Les Snead recently said that the resigning the 32-year-old is “pretty much guaranteed to be off the table.”

According to Snead,  Suh and Rams reunion is unlikely due to “budgetary constraints.”

“Based on the fact that from our budgetary constraints this year, it probably doesn’t fit in his desires,” – said Snead at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix on Tuesday.

After being released by the Miami Dolphins following the 2017 NFL season, Ndamukong Suh decided to pass on the long-term deals and take a one-year, $14 million contract from the Los Angeles Rams. He had a slower start of 2018, having to adjust to playing nose tackle in a 4-3 scheme, but ended up finishing the year with 59 tackles, 4.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and four passes defended.

It is believed that Suh demands another lucrative contract this offseason, something that Rams are not able to offer him at the moment. The team previously signed safety Eric Weddle, linebacker Clay Matthews and quarterback Blake Bortles, while resigning outside linebacker Dante Fowler, which left them with projected $4.5 million in salary cap space.

Although Suh is taking time with his decision on his next destination, the word around the league is that he prefers to stay on the West Coast with San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Chargers being the favorites for his signature.